HCI blog

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Paying Credit Card Bills

I have just been on the halifax web site to pay my credit card bill online, but to my horror!!! Whats this, "Sorry WorldPay are closed and will open during the day" (well something along the lines of that) Worldpay a merchant online bank won't let you pay your bill untill they are open, I thought in this modern day and age the idea of internet banking was to do it in the comfort of your own home and pay your bills on time.

Anyway I decided to give Halifax a call and get them to do the transaction when the lady tells me it will take 3-5 working days for the transaction to go through, I was like well hold on. I am paying a card account with them from another account I have with them, surely its not that complexed that it takes a computer 3 days to autorise. Only then did I realise how banks make loads of money of us poor souls. I remembered a TV documentary saying how banks invest our money over night to make money. In Scandanaivian countries apparently it doesn't take that long and you can normally get your money transfered within a matter of hours.

I think that our banks have a few things to learn about banking and keeping the customer happy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home